[Asterisk-Users] Odd CID issue calling SIP to SIP DID - anyone have this or can explain it?

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 01:01:18 MST 2006

I have several providers that do NOT allow using your own CID. On one
of these, I suppress outgoing CID simply because I don't want people
calling us back on that number.

When I dial out through this SIP provider to an incoming number of
another SIP provider (for testing dialplan stuff, since there's no
good reason to call myself and go through 2 systems) I see an incoming
CID of "Willy <2006>". Is this something to do with asterisk (using
1.2) or is that CID really being sent? I tend to this it's the former,
asterisk. Further, the CID sent is the last channel in zapata.conf but
I am calling on a SIP phone, not using ZAP.

Comments?