[Asterisk-Users] Configs for Gradwell and inWeb

Simon Faulkner simon at titanic.co.uk
Fri Mar 10 01:20:13 MST 2006

Robert P. McKenzie wrote:
> Does anyone here use either Gradewell or inWeb for service?  They are both UK based.  I'm trying to get a couple of
> inbound IAX2 based numbers from both of them to work with no luck at all.  The one thing that sets these guys apart from
> the rest of companies offering inbound numbers is they tie the account to the IP of the asterisk server.  Neither use
> register lines in iax.conf, there appears to be an authentication isse.
>
> The only support Gradwell offer is for users of AAH, this is a raw Asterisk install I'm working with and their AAH
> examples don't work.  Gradwell did work fine in the AAH test system.
>
> If anyone has any working configs could you let me see them?  (on or offlist is fine).
>
> Thanks in advance.

I use them and love the service.  All I did was insert their standard
code that they emailed when I bought the account:

In the relevant part of your Asterisk "iax.conf"
insert the following lines:

[gradwell]
type=user
username=gradwell
secret=mysecret
context=gradwell-in
host=dynamic

Additionally, in your "extensions.conf", insert these lines:

[gradwell-in]
exten => 441782123456,1,Dial(SIP/201)

Outbound:

exten => _0.,1,SetCallerID(YOUR_NUMBER)