[Asterisk-Users] Reverse group in zapata.conf

Time Bandit timebandit001 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 19:37:01 MST 2006

> I have a situation where I have 8 lines from the phone company in a hunt
> group coming in to my asterisk box.  These are the same lines I'm using
> for outgoing calls ( named g0 ).

<snìp>

> Is this possible?  If it isn't, I plan to reverse the order in which the
> lines are connected to my * box, having the same effect ( with no
> configuration changes.  :) ).  Anybody have any advice why I shouldn't
> do this either?  Any other suggestions?

Reversing the order would do the job, but you can also use G0 instead of g0.

from http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+ZAP+channels

Dialing a Group

    *  g: select the lowest-numbered non-busy Zap channel (aka.
ascending sequential hunt group).
    * G: select the highest-numbered non-busy Zap channel (aka.
descending sequential hunt group).
    * r: use a round-robin search, starting at the next highest
channel than last time (aka. ascending rotary hunt group).
    * R: use a round-robin search, starting at the next lowest channel
than last time (aka. descending rotary hunt group).

> Thanks
You're welcome