[Asterisk-Users] Reverse group in zapata.conf

Sean Kennedy skennedy at qualitydentists.com
Tue Mar 7 19:03:59 MST 2006

Hey all,

I have a situation where I have 8 lines from the phone company in a hunt
group coming in to my asterisk box.  These are the same lines I'm using
for outgoing calls ( named g0 ).

The problem arises when someone dials our number at the same time
asterisk tries to put a call out on one of the zap channels in the g0
group.  This has happened twice that I know of so far, once to myself.
Asterisk opens the line before it's answered, and tries to dial.  This
has the effect of connecting the outside caller to the dialing party,
which is the problem.

My rather messy solution would be to have a reverse 'group' command in
my zapata.conf file.  So if I try dialing out on g1 ( my reverse group,
24-17 ), it starts at the top and works it's way down.  Meanwhile, my
external hunt group would still ring normally ( 17-24 ), thus minimizing
the potential for conflict to a level that I'm comfortable with.

Is this possible?  If it isn't, I plan to reverse the order in which the
lines are connected to my * box, having the same effect ( with no
configuration changes.  :) ).  Anybody have any advice why I shouldn't
do this either?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Sean Kennedy