[Asterisk-Users] new beta Grandstream firmware HT488_496_386

Phil Blundell pb at reciva.com
Tue Mar 7 15:25:53 MST 2006

Experiences with the HT386s seem to be pretty variable: they work OK for
some folks, and are virtually unusable for others.

A couple of months back, I installed two HT386s side by side.  One of
them would lock up on an almost daily basis; I replaced it with an
SPA2002, which has been much better.  The other one, interestingly, has
been much more reliable: it's crashed once or twice in the 8 or 10 weeks
since it's been there, but no more than that.  Both of them were running
the same firmware, so the difference in behaviour must be due to either
hardware revisions or some quirk of the use patterns that the two units
were seeing.

p.