[Asterisk-Users] PLEASE respond: how to get Asterisk to change coders on RTP handoff??

Dan Miller dan at anacominc.com
Mon Mar 6 11:11:43 MST 2006

I have a hardware FXO/FXS which handle my voip calls, and they support G723 internally.  Asterisk hands off these calls just fine, and everything works, as long as I don't want PBX menues available...  The problem is, once I want it to return messages, it will only return them as GSM... which is fine, since my FXO/FXS support multiple coders.  However, even though Asterisk lets me specify a list of valid coders, it will only use one...

I want Ast to use GSM to playback messages, then when it hands off the call to the endpoints, it should tell them to use G723 in the RE-INVITE messages... I don't see any way to get it to do this; *is* there some way??