[Asterisk-Users] fax receive using TDM400P

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sun Mar 5 09:34:14 MST 2006

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 11:24:36PM +0100, Thomas Artner wrote:
> Am Saturday 25 February 2006 22:59 schrieb Anton Krall:
> > I cant get faxes right now with tdm, something is wrong but, what do I need
> > to have in order to convert from tiff to pdf?
> >
> > I have the mailfax script that invokes tif2ps and ps2pdf but pages come out
> > blank..
> >

> I do the following:
>
> exten => fax,1,Set(FAXFILE=/var/spool/asterisk-fax/${UNIQUEID})
> exten => fax,2,rxfax(${FAXFILE})
> exten => fax,3,system(tiff2pdf ${FAXFILE} > ${FAXFILE}.pdf)
> exten => fax,4,system(mpack -s "received Fax" -c application/octet-stream ${FAXFILE}.pdf receiver at domain.com)

If you give the mime type explicitly, give a correct one, so the user
can know what program to use.

For a PDF file, use: application/pdf

This will make properly-configured mailers launch a PDF reader.

Example command-line mailers that can give PDF files a proper mime type:

  mutt -a ${FAXFILE}.pdf -s "your fax" receiver at domain.com </dev/null
  biabam ${FAXFILE}.pdf  -s "your fax" receiver at domain.com

(biabam is a nice little bash script)