[Asterisk-Users] Program Buttons on Cisco 79xx Phones

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sun Mar 5 01:49:51 MST 2006

On 20:52, Sat 04 Mar 06, asterisk at anime.net wrote:
> We're still waiting for a SIP-enabled 7970...
>
> The newer model phones (7941g/ge, 7961g) are sccp-only. Seems a step
> backwards to me.

why?
I had my phones running on SIP, got chan-sccp and started
experimenting with it.
All my phones are running SCCP now. The phones respond
faster, you have more options etc.
Of course it would be nice if they offer SIP so people have
a choice, but I really think the chan_sccp is the way to
have these phones work.

--
Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.info