[Asterisk-Users] Sipura RMA

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Fri Mar 3 23:00:15 MST 2006

On Mar 3, 2006, at 4:00 PM, Tom Vile wrote:

> They beat the POS grandstream adapters by far.  In business when you
> need to get a job done for a customer time is money and waiting on
> them would have cost me money.
>
> What other adapters are any good out there anyway Martin.

I can't say I have superior suggestions really. My experience is mixed
and very limited.  I also have not been impressed (LOL) with the
Grandstream Handytone products, although I do believe that eventually
if they survive long enough to produce proper firmware they will be ok.

I bought a 2 port (1fxs/1fxo) from WelltechUSA last week, and although
the box itself seems solid, the documentation is worse then useless and
the setup screens make you wonder how disorganized the internals might
be.

I also have the AG168V which I have flashed with the IAX firmware.
This device is also pretty cheap looking, but has worked pretty well
for me, has a logical setup screen(the wellgate people should study it)
  and pretty cool dial plan(I don't use this) and a PSTN fail over and
dual use feature(You can select IPfirst or PSTN first).  The only issue
with it that I have seen is that when I use uLaw (which I do), I seem
to get an occasional "crack" in the audio(I have a suspicion this might
be an asterisk issue, but have lost the thread where another user
described similar and explained to me how to test) .

So, no I have no panacea to recommend.  Still,  I hate to see companies
rewarded for poor support.

How about the new IAXY?