[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Fax Question

Darrick Hartman dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Fri Mar 3 13:00:34 MST 2006

Michael Sampson wrote:
> Your best bet is to just not use fax machines. They are outdated
> technology. With email there is little reason to use fax machines
> anymore. But for some reason people just feel the need to hang on to them.

There are still many valid uses for fax.  The technology is not going
away any time soon.  While an electronic signature is legal in many
cases, there are several where a signed document, even if it's faxed, is
the only method that is allowed by law.

The new technologies that allow scan to email are great (I prefer the
scan to pdf instead of tiff), but they have their limitations.

Darrick
--
Darrick Hartman
DJH Solutions, LLC