[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Fax Question

Michael Sampson msampson at yourccsteam.com
Fri Mar 3 12:46:44 MST 2006

Your best bet is to just not use fax machines. They are outdated
technology. With email there is little reason to use fax machines
anymore. But for some reason people just feel the need to hang on to them.

A good solutions is to get a fax machine that supports fax to email. We
have a Brother 8440D, that you can type in a fax number or a email
address and hit send, works the same both ways. Only with the email it
attaches a tiff image to an email. You can also set up an email box that
the fax machine will check and download and print "faxes" from. And if
you must have a fax number, you can sign up for a fax to email phone
number for a provider like efax.com.

Michael Sampson
Information Systems Manager
Customer Contact Services