[Asterisk-Users] Polling Asterisk for Life

Håkan Källberg hk at simulina.se
Fri Mar 3 07:43:50 MST 2006

Hello all!

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 03:12:05PM -0600, Joseph Tanner wrote:
> The problem isn't that asterisk isn't running, it's that asterisk is
> not responding.  When asterisk is in this funky state, I can still run
> "asterisk -vvvvr" from the command line and get access to the CLI.
> While in the CLI, the only command that asterisk will respond to is
> "exit" which drops me back to the shell.  If I try to issue a "stop
> now", asterisk just immediately returns to the CLI> prompt.  It does
> this for every single command, except for "exit".

> Joseph Tanner

I see exactly this behavior too. It occurs on a system using
Queue and AgentCallback Login.  I have filed a bug report
on this - 0006626. In this state it is not longer possible
to put a call to a queue, but it is possible to place other
calls through *. So * is not totally blocked, just the queues
and the CLI.

I do have a TDM400 card on one of the machines where it happens,
but I have another, bare bone installation with just SIP and
IAX2 clients, were I also see it. * 1.2.4.

Håkan Källberg