[Asterisk-Users] Polling Asterisk for Life

Cosmin Prund cosmin at adicomsoft.ro
Thu Mar 2 13:01:01 MST 2006

AFAIK there are problems with repeatedly connecting and disconnecting the
manager interface. Also you're probably using a proxy (all "manager"
interfaces I've seen are using proxies), it might not be a good idea to pool
something out of the manager that often.

Did you consider running a "cron" job on the server, using "asterisk -rx" to
run a command and then decide rather asterisk is down or not based on the
result? This way you'd be doing on the server, working around the problems
with the manager interface and saving some bandwidth :). You might also be
able to call /sbin/reboot directly from the cron script!

If on the other hand the whole server is going down you may simply use ping!