[Asterisk-Users] Polling Asterisk for Life

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 10:46:55 MST 2006

Hi,
Occassionally Asterisk will go down and I have to restart it.. not
often.. but sometimes.  When it does the manager interface stops
working, as does the CLI.

My thoughts was to poll the manager interface once every 5 minutes for
a value.  If I don't get the value back then alert me that the server
is possibly down.

Does anyone know what a good value to poll for might be?   I was
thinking I could poll my SIP account for the CallWaiting value, but
would like something that was not linked to my account.

Just something that returns a single line is fine.