[Asterisk-Users] Music on hold and conferencing on OS X

Dustin Wenz dwenz at iscompanies.com
Wed Mar 1 17:09:23 MST 2006

We are running Asterisk on Mac OS X Server as our office PBX. MOH
seems to work just fine out of the box. I believe I had to install
the addons package before it would work. This was somewhat annoying
to work on because I actually had to stop and restart asterisk for
changes in musiconhold.conf to take effect. Anyway, this is what our
musiconhold.conf file looks like:

[default]
mode=files
directory=/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3
random=yes

The real challenge is getting meetme to work. I don't understand why
the timer is such a major obstacle. Under linux, you need to apply a
patch to create a dummy timer for meetme. As far as I know, no one
has created one for Darwin, and probably not for BSD either.

I'm also really interested in getting realtime to work under OS X
using postgres. There's a wiki for it, but no one has anything to
contribute. :(

	- .Dustin