[Asterisk-Users] No sound after loading module wcte11xp

Robert Andersson robert-aurora at telia.com
Wed Mar 1 03:04:31 MST 2006

Hi

I'm trying to get a Digium TE110P card working but as soon
as I load the module with

modprobe wcte11xp

the sound stops working for incoming calls (SIP and IAX).
I haven't even started to configure the card.
Running ztcfg and restarting asterisk doesn't help. After unloading with

rmmod wcte11xp

the sound comes back for new calls

I'm using asterisk 1.2.4, libpri 1.2.2 and zaptel 1.2.3 from gentoo which
uses the source distribution. My configuration is very basic. I have hardly
changed anything and the configuration has worked well
but the jumper on the card is T1 instead of E1 which would be correct.

modprobe wcte11xp t1e1override=15
(see earlier post "run with incorrect E1/T1 jumper settings")

makes it possible to configure the card for 31 channels instead of 24
but the sound is still gone. I haven't got the PRI to work but that could
be due to other reasons since this is the first time I configure a zaptel
card.

Before I connected the PRI line I could load the module without any
problems. Unfortunately I can't disconnect it at the moment for testing
since it's in another location.

Anyone who has any idea why the sound disappears? Could it be due to
the incorrect jumper setting?

best regards
Robert