[Asterisk-Users] Re: chan_capi-cm-0.6.4

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Wed Mar 1 02:08:13 MST 2006

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Ralf Schlatterbeck wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 09:03:20AM +0100, Armin Schindler wrote:
> > The reason why it is not working for you is, that mISDN is not sending the
> > calledpartynumber IE as INFO_IND, which should be done in PtP mode.
> > Karsten already contacted me and he said that this missing and needs to be
> > added.
> > In DID mode, chan_capi always listens to these INFO_INDs.
>
> Hmm. In this case, chan_capi already has -- and displays -- the called
> party number from the connect_ind. Then it gets sending complete.
> Shouldn't it then proceed? And even if it doesn't get sending complete
> it should start asterisk as soon as it detects a dialplan match?
> And a timeout would certainly help (me) in this case .-)

Maybe a timeout would help, but it's not the solution here.
As said, in PtP mode the INFO_INDs for calledpartynumber a mandatory.
Sure, I can change chan_capi not to wait for INFO_IND and take the number
out of CONNECT_IND, but that would break on correct drivers.

> If you are making changes to chan_capi I'll try them out -- currently
> I'm still on the released 0.6.4 version from sourceforge but I'd also
> switch to the CVS version if you need a tester.

Sure, but it will have to wait until weekend.
The CVS HEAD already has bigger changes (not call processing, but CAPI-RTP
for Eicon cards). There is alse a stable branch for the 0.6.x series in CVS
tagged with V0_6. So changes for 0.6.5 will go into V0_6 branch and HEAD
will be >=0.7.

> Anyway, I've updated the mISDN bug tracker with that new infos.
>
> Am I the first person trying to get chan_capi and mISDN working
> together (with PTP)?

Seems to be. As I wrote, most poeple use chan_misdn with mISDN.
I don't know the if Karsten and the others will do more work on the
mISDN-CAPI interface...

Armin