[Asterisk-Users] recording all calls patch through asterisk

El Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Fri Jun 30 11:49:37 MST 2006

Michael Sampson wrote:
> Basically I will have a call come in a PRI trunk and be routed out the
> same PRI trunk. The point of this is so I can use asterisk to record the
> call. Has anyone set up a system like this? I know how to get asterisk
> to record a call from and extension, but not a call that is just
> "passing through" the system.

I'm assuming the call comes in through one PRI line (Zap group 1), and then goes
out again via another PRI line (Zap group 2) into some other device.

[incoming]
exten => _X.,1,MixMonitor(${UNIQUEID}.gsm))
exten => _X.,2,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN})

[outgoing]
exten => _X.,1,MixMonitor(${UNIQUEID}.gsm)
exten => _X.,2,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN})

make sure to set Zap group 1 to the "incoming" context and set zap group 2 to
the "outgoing" context

Flynn