[Asterisk-Users] Limiting a group of phones available channels

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Fri Jun 30 06:09:21 MST 2006

Snip

> On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 10:44 +0100, Steve Langstaff wrote:
> > > trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> >
> > > Lastly, and probably the least effective, is you can watch channel
> usage
> > > and when someone exceeds 5 run over to their desk and smack them
with
> > > rotten fish.
> > >
> > > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+sip+incominglimit
> >
> > I can't find the 'rotten fish' stuff documented anywhere on voip-
> info.org - was that some sort of red herring?
>
> Its an advanced asterisk management option.

Snip.

The rotten fish AMO (Asterisk Management Option) had too many side
effects, we are in Miami and the weather makes that particular AMO too
perishable. We have since sub-contracted with the Soprano Family, at
this point we have 100% Available channels, and users love the quality
of the phones, they have found a new love for the Fisher Price/Sponge
Bob SIP phones we installed last year, These guys are great they got
complaints down to zero!!!

Like the salesman Tony told me 'If it wasn't for employees, running a
company would be fun.'

The above is a parody and if you can't take the joke, laugh first then
delete!!