[Asterisk-Users] IAX jitter / clocking problem

Pavel Jezek pavel.jezek at i.cz
Fri Jun 30 03:44:07 MST 2006

hello, I'm still trying to tune iax jitterbuffer in asterisk 1.2.9.1,
but without success,
I'm using idefisk->asterisk over cdma network, where rtt is about
100-500ms, so jitter about 400ms
but sound is very jerky, in diection idefisk->asterisk, in reverse
direction is sound relatively smoth,
so, my question:
has iax same problem as in sip/rtp, where packets are generated along
incomming packets (what is probably solved in trunk with:
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5374
0005374: [patch] Asynchronous generation of outgoing frames when timing
device available

my iax jitterbuffer settings (iax.conf):
[general]
jiterbuffer=yes
forcejitterbuffer=yes
maxjitterbuffer=1500