[Asterisk-Users] Problems with dial status...

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Fri Jun 30 04:34:57 MST 2006

Marcin Lukasik wrote:
> But the problem is asterisk executes Playback() before the call is
> actually
> connected.
> (On the console it says that Zap/2-1 answered while it's actually
> trying to
> ring on my mobile).

This has been covered on the list many times, search the archives, the
Wiki and Google are your friend.

On a zap channel, Asterisk can't tell when a call has been answered, so
starts the playback immediately.  Setup a loop asking the caller to
press a key.  I have the following setup:

[voice-mail-callback]

; ************
; Set timeouts
; ************

exten => s,1,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=6)
exten => s,2,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=3)
exten => s,3,Wait(5)
exten => s,4,Set(COUNT=0)

; *******************************************
; Play, your attention is required, press 1 to
; collect voice mail
; *******************************************

exten => s,5,Background(attention-required)
exten => s,6,Background(press-1)
exten => s,7,Background(to-collect-voicemail)

; *****************************************
; If 1 is pressed, then play transfer and
; then jump to voice-mail context.
; *****************************************

exten => 1,1,Playback(pbx-transfer)
exten => 1,2,Goto(voice-mail,s,1)

; ****************************************
; Setup a variable to count the number of
; times the message has been played, when
; $COUNT reaches > 5, play you've taken
; to long to dial and hangup.
; ****************************************

exten => t,1,Set(COUNT=$[${COUNT} + 1])
exten => t,2,NoOP(${COUNT})
exten => t,3,GotoIf($[ ${COUNT} > 5 ]?103)
exten => t,4,Goto(voice-mail-callback,s,5)
exten => t,103,Playback(local/tolong-todial)
exten => t,104,Playback(goodbye)
exten => t,105,Hangup()

exten => i,1,Playback(local/sorry-invalid-choice)
exten => i,2,Set(COUNT=$[${COUNT} + 1])
exten => i,3,NoOP(${COUNT})
exten => i,4,Goto(voice-mail-callback,s,5)

exten => h,1,NoOP(Hungup)

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: