[Asterisk-Users] Problems with dial status...

Marcin Lukasik marcin at milea.pl
Fri Jun 30 04:15:35 MST 2006

Hello for the first time :-)

I have a huge problem trying to create some sort of call back system.

What am I trying to do?
I call Asterisk, press 1 to call someone back and play announcement. Hanging
up.
Then I'm creating a file:-

Channel: Zap/2-1/07966011122
Context: call-them-back
Extension: s

And moving it into /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing

The asterisk gets the file and goes to context 'call-them-back', which is:-

[call-them-back]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,Wait(1)
exten => s,n,Playback(IVR/premium/calling-back)
exten => s,n,Hangup()

But the problem is asterisk executes Playback() before the call is actually
connected.
(On the console it says that Zap/2-1 answered while it's actually trying to
ring on my mobile).

How can I resolve this problem? I'm based in the UK if it matters.

Thanks a lot for any help!

Martin