[Asterisk-Users] need help troubleshooting clipping and garbled VOIP calls

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Thu Jun 29 22:30:56 MST 2006

On Jun 29, 2006, at 2:43 PM, T. Shaw wrote:

> thanks for all the responses. I feared that it might be a bandwidth
> issue. We have a (supposedly) business DSL line that is 1.5M - 3M
> down/ 512k up.  might have to bump that up to a higher grade.

If you are actually getting what you describe above you should have
no need to upgrade in order to support 3 or 4 simultaneous calls...
I have only 384K bit's upstream on my home DSL and that's fine for 2
uLaw calls. If you switch to GSM or G729 that should allow for even
greater simultaneous call volume...

> I did take your suggestion and contact my VOIP provider. They
> suggested to two things:
> 1) Use SIP to trunk with them instead of IAX ( they said that lots
> of people complain about the conenction with IAX, but when they use
> SIP the issues get better)

?  This sounds like they have an issue.
<snip>