[Asterisk-Users] need help troubleshooting clipping and garbled VOIP calls

T. Shaw xytek at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 29 14:43:00 MST 2006

thanks for all the responses. I feared that it might be a bandwidth issue.
We have a (supposedly) business DSL line that is 1.5M - 3M down/ 512k up.
might have to bump that up to a higher grade.

I did take your suggestion and contact my VOIP provider. They suggested to
two things:
1) Use SIP to trunk with them instead of IAX ( they said that lots of people
complain about the conenction with IAX, but when they use SIP the issues get
better)

2) they can use GSM, and to try that as well (they also use Asterisk on
their end)

I first tried switching to GSM to see if that clears up some quality issues
( since it was the quicker of the two).

I'm doing some test calls now.

Thanks again everyone who responded..

Terrelle