[Asterisk-Users] Digium Hardware Reliability

Raymond McKay asterisk at raynettech.com
Thu Jun 29 18:44:55 MST 2006

> How reliable is Digium hardware in general.?  My new TDM400P just died.

I haven't had a Digium card go bad yet that I did not expect to go bad.  By
this I mean in the 100+ cards that I have installed, the only ones that have
gone bad have been in servers that didn't have enough ventilation to handle
them  Digium cards tend to get very hot.  If they stay in an overly hot
environment, they tend to malfunction due to that heat and eventually die.
If you had the card in a server where there isn't enough airflow, the power
spike could have been enough to kill it in this instance.  Remember the air
flow need, and you should have a relatively reliable Digium experience.

Regards,

Raymond McKay
President
RAYNET Technologies LLC