[Asterisk-Users] bristuff hangup issue

Kevin Savoy ksavoy at novo1.com
Thu Jun 29 09:26:34 MST 2006

I can also add that this happens on em_w lines as well. I've had issues
where callers start getting dead air when dialing out. Talking with the
phone company the lines were in an off-hook state even though Asterisk hung
up the call. I done exactly as below where I hang up before the other party
answers the call. I've also had where after I hang up the CLI shows the call
hanging up and then another call starts, starting simple switch, as if the
call was re-established but Asterisk doesn't know what to do with the call
and executes the s,1,hangup() on the call. This does NOT however always hang
up the call on the AT&T side. The T1 still shows the call as off-hook even
though it's not in use. It seems random (at least I haven't figured out the
pattern yet) as to when the channel gets hung up properly on AT&T's side and
when it's not.