[Asterisk-Users] problem with Asterisk DTMF

armx at inf.its-sby.edu armx at inf.its-sby.edu
Wed Jun 28 11:26:23 MST 2006

Hi,

I used a FXO-Gateway to connect my VoIP to PSTN, using inband mode for
DTMF. It can work properly if I use this dialplan:

  exten=> 100.,1,Dial(SIP/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/111)

111 is a line number in the gateway.

but, I can't get the PSTN number that the caller dialed from the gateway.
So I tried to send the DTMF from asterisk when dialing using this
dialplan:

  exten=> _1.,1,SIPdtmfMode(inband)
  exten=> _1.,2,Dial(SIP/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/111,,D(${EXTEN:1}))

for some reason, the dialplan above can't work. My assumption is that the
DTMF received by Gateway is different from the one that asterisk sent. I'm
using g711-alaw codec as stated in my sip.conf:

  [general]
  disallow=all
  allow=alaw

I already tried using the relaxdtmf but it didn't seem to work.
So now I tried to capture the DTMF that the caller made while dialing but
I can't find a way to do it.

I'm using asterisk 1.2.9.1.

Any solution or a pointer to the problem is welcomed.

Thanks in advance,
Armand