[Asterisk-Users] asterisk -> my cell phone's voicemail sound problems

Cory Forsyth cory.forsyth at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 10:35:36 MST 2006

When I fail to pick up a call from Asterisk to the PSTN to my cell
phone and let it go to voicemail, the sound quality is always really
bad.  When I call my cell phone's voicemail a few minutes later, it's
really garbledy and sounds clipped or something.

I've tried using Monitor to record the sounds that are being played to
my cell's voicemail, and the monitored sound sounds fine when I open
it up on my Mac using Quicktime and listen to it.  It also sounds fine
if I answer the call and listen to it live.

Any idea what could be the problem?  I'm using BackgroundDetect to
figure out when the voicemail prompt finishes, but other than that
nothing fancy is going on.

thanks,
Cory