[Asterisk-Users] Re: Changing standard Voicemail behavior

Leah Newmark lnewmark at capalon.com
Wed Jun 28 08:33:13 MST 2006

Hi,

We have this set up in a few places.

Basically, what you need to do is play a sound file using the
Background() command. This allows for user entry. The sound file will
say press 9 for reception, or stay on the line to leave a voicemail.
This will go in the no answer/busy priority of your dialplan.

I could give you coding examples if you'd like, but I'm not familiar
with Trixbox, and if there is something different about it than a
regular Asterisk system.

Email me if you'd like more help.

Leah Newmark
Capalon VoIP