[Asterisk-Users] Dial Tone + E&M

Bart Fisher bhfisher at icpage.com
Wed Jun 28 08:29:18 MST 2006

Maybe one of you can help me with this:

We have T1's that come from both MCI and Global Crossing as uses
channelized (24
Ports per T) with inband (DTMF) ANI and DNIS delivery (format =
*DNIS*ANI*).

My old equipment was set for D4, AMI, SF and Wink Start and so is
Asterisk Server.
I've moved these T's to Asterisk TE410P and inbound calls are arriving
to external
voice mail correctly (Dialogic D240-SC-T1) - without issues.

I guess you recognize these are NOT PRI T1's - but old style DS1.

However, when the external voice mail system begins to dial out, it grabs
the port waits for the Wink and expects dial tone to be returned
afterwards - Hearing
none, it just sits there until the time out and gives up.

My thinking is there should be an E&M signaling type that CAN provide
dial tone. - A quick scan
of the source (chan_zap.c), it appears there is no such provisions for
DT for any of the EM types.

To me it appears to be a simple patch, but I'm sure I would screw it up
if I attempt this myself, not being
a programmer. And if by chance I would get it working, the next update
would also need that patch.

I'm hoping I can find someone on the list that is willing to add a new
E&M method with a DT provision
and make it available to the release sources

Thanks

Bart

=====================
Zaptel.conf

# Span 1: TE4/0/1 "TE410P (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" AMI/D4 RED
span=1,0,0,d4,ami
e&m=1-24        ; <= seems like my only choice (e&m)

# Span 2: TE4/0/2 "TE410P (PCI) Card 0 Span 2" AMI/D4 RED
span=2,0,0,d4,ami
e&m=25-48       ; <= seems like my only choice (e&m)

Zapata.conf:

; Span 1: TE4/0/1 "TE410P (PCI) Card 0 Span 1"
; This is attached to CUST 3 VMS System
;
signalling =>em_w ; <= might be wrong choice (see below for others)
context=default
group = 1
channel => 1-24

; Span 2: TE4/0/3 "TE410P (PCI) Card 0 Span 3"
; This T1 is WorldCom Local 714 DID's
;
signalling =>em_w ; <= might be wrong choice (see below for others)
context=from-did
group = 3
channel => 25-48

Anybody have a clue for me