[Asterisk-Users] Voip / AudioCodes MP-108 Help Needed

Arun Kumar arunvoip at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 23:11:06 MST 2006

Hi,

Here are the step by step instructions for setting up a brand new Audiocodes
FXS gateway for use with an Asterisk server:

Connect the gateway to a network switch and connect a computer to the same
switch. Then configure the IP address of the computer to 10.1.10.2. Then run
your web browser and point it to http://10.1.10.10 and login using the
information below.

Default IP address: 10.1.10.10
Default user name: Admin
Default password: Admin

Goto "Quick Setup" and change the following:
IP Address => Set to the new IP address of the AudioCodes gateway
Subnet Mask => Set to the correct netmask for your local network
Default Gateway Address => Set to the correct gateway IP address for your
local network
Working With Proxy => Set to "Yes"
Proxy IP Address => Set to the IP address of the Asterisk server
Enable Registration => Set to "Enable"

Restart the gateway then log back in using the new IP address.

Goto Protocol Management -> Protocol Definition -> Proxy & Registration
Registrar IP Address => Set to the IP address of the Asterisk server
Registration Time => Set to "60"
Subscription Mode => Set to "Per Endpoint"
Authentication Mode => Set to "Per Endpoint"

Goto Protocol Management -> Protocol Definition -> DTMF & Dialing
Max Digits In Phone Num => Set to a large enough number such as "32"

Goto Protocol Management -> Protocol Definition -> Coders
Add coders as needed You need to set at least G.711U-law

Goto Protocol Management -> Endpoint Settings -> Authentication
Set SIP username and password for each port

Goto Protocol Management -> Endpoint Phone Numbers
Enter an extension (phone) number for every used channel

Your AudioCodes gateway is now ready.

../Arun
arun at intelegentnetworks.com
www.intelegentnetworks.com