[Asterisk-Users] Most stable Asterisk version

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 27 18:08:36 MST 2006

Hi there,

I am getting ready to set up a production Asterisk system.  It needs to be
stable.  Upgrading, patching, rebooting, troubleshooting etc. are pretty
much NOT an option once this thing is deployed.  Like any phone system, it
is expected to just work.

Having said that, which is the best version and subversion of Asterisk to
use?  I was leaning towards 1.2 but it appears there are some major issues
with it.  At least with the most recent versions.  Scary things like memory
leaks and spontaneous crashing if the wrong and not exactly uncommon
combination of events occur or the wrong and somewhat common features are
used enough.

I see that some of the commercial distributions are using 1.0.9 so I am
thinking maybe that one.  It has had some revisions to something like
1.0.11.1 or something like that so that is a tough call what to do there.  I
think there were some updates since 1.0 with BLF registration which is one
thing I really would like to have working so another complicating factor I
suppose.

Anyone have any suggestions?  What are some of the versions people are using
that have impressive uptimes and just work?  I don't think I need any of the
new wiz bang stuff in 1.2.  I just want something that works!  I don't want
to have to resort to scheduled nightly reboots either unless I don't have
any other choice.