[Asterisk-Users] Re: siemens pbx and asterisk

richard Coco coco_richard at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 07:18:57 MST 2006

hi all,

The HG3550 V1 and HG3550v1.1 only supports H.323 V.2.
I'am not sure but i thing that the feature "CallerID
Name" was introduced in version 3 of the H.323
standard. More informations about the owerviews at
http://www.packetizer.com/voip/h323/.

->Concerning HiPathv3.0.
In version 3.0 the HiPath has a new board (the HG3540)
which supports SIP (for Endpoints) and SIPQ for
SIP-trunking. You are now able to interconnect
Asterisk and HiPath using H.323, ISDN and/or SIPQ.

rich

--- Herchi Silviu <Silviu.Herchi at arcelor.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As I wrote, the HiPath needs to be upgraded to
> version 3 (don't ask me any details, I'm not a
> Siemens expert) in order to have the CallerID name
> passed over the H.323 link. Earlier versions (my
> case) ony sends and accepts the CallerId number.
>
> I have set up a workaround for calls coming to
> Asterisk: an AGI script sets the CallerID name
> according to their CallerID number by looking it up
> in a database. This is done in real time for every
> incoming call. Obviously it doesn't work for calls
> going from Asterisk to the HiPath.
>
> Regards,
>
> Silviu

can�t