[Asterisk-Users] Re: siemens pbx and asterisk

Herchi Silviu Silviu.Herchi at arcelor.com
Tue Jun 27 06:19:58 MST 2006

Hi,

As I wrote, the HiPath needs to be upgraded to version 3 (don't ask me any details, I'm not a Siemens expert) in order to have the CallerID name passed over the H.323 link. Earlier versions (my case) ony sends and accepts the CallerId number.

I have set up a workaround for calls coming to Asterisk: an AGI script sets the CallerID name according to their CallerID number by looking it up in a database. This is done in real time for every incoming call. Obviously it doesn't work for calls going from Asterisk to the HiPath.

Regards,

Silviu