[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel answering the Line

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Tue Jun 27 04:33:14 MST 2006

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 08:28:35PM +0100, Thomas Kenyon wrote:
>
>> I have a TDM400 card with 3x FXO and 1x FXS ports on it.
>>
>> At the moment I'd prefer (till I can get it working more reliable with
>> iaxmodem), for a faxmodem to answer one of the lines instead of the
>> linecard.
>>
>> I've tried changing the context of that line so that the exten => s does
>> nothing, but that stops the line from being able to receive calls (get a
>> recorded This number is not accepting calls at the moment).
>>
>> So my 2 questions are...
>>
>> How do I set one of the channels in zaptel.conf (or elsewhere) so that
>> it is only available for making calls (and not receiving them).
>>

> What do you want to happen to incoming calls? send that specific channel
> (using context= ) to a context that does not even Answer() the line.
>
> in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf:
>
> signalling=fxs_ks
> context=noanswer
> channel => 3
> ; make sure you write another 'context=' after than before the next
> ; channel
>
> in extensions.conf: I'm not totally sure it is necessary to make this
> explicit, but this will reduce the warnings you'll get in the console:
>
> [noanswer]
> exten => s,1,Hangup()

I tried that and it made the line unobtainable, iaxmodem seems to be
receiving faxes reliably on the other 2 lines, when I'm in over the
weekend I will try and tweak the settings for the remaining line to see
if I can get it reliably working on that line (would be nice to only
have the line card and ADSL modem on that line).

Thanks for your help.