[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel answering the Line

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Jun 25 23:52:59 MST 2006

On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 08:28:35PM +0100, Thomas Kenyon wrote:
> I have a TDM400 card with 3x FXO and 1x FXS ports on it.
>
> At the moment I'd prefer (till I can get it working more reliable with
> iaxmodem), for a faxmodem to answer one of the lines instead of the
> linecard.
>
> I've tried changing the context of that line so that the exten => s does
> nothing, but that stops the line from being able to receive calls (get a
> recorded This number is not accepting calls at the moment).
>
> So my 2 questions are...
>
> How do I set one of the channels in zaptel.conf (or elsewhere) so that
> it is only available for making calls (and not receiving them).

What do you want to happen to incoming calls? send that specific channel
(using context= ) to a context that does not even Answer() the line.

in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf:

signalling=fxs_ks
context=noanswer
channel => 3
; make sure you write another 'context=' after than before the next
; channel

in extensions.conf: I'm not totally sure it is necessary to make this
explicit, but this will reduce the warnings you'll get in the console:

[noanswer]
exten => s,1,Hangup()

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com