[Asterisk-Users] Question about ring groups and ext. busy in call

Chris Sutton csutton at ruoktech.com
Mon Jun 26 20:15:24 MST 2006

I have a ring group set up with 3 extensions. we'll use 14, 15 and 16.

When a call comes in, it rings all three extensions.  If one particular
extension already is on the phone, it completely skips that phone and only
rings the other 2.  Example to explanation sake is:

Call comes in, ext. 14 is already in the middle of a call, 15 and 16 will
ring normally, but 14 does not have any indication that another call came
in.

What I'm trying to accomplish is:

I would like the ring group to always ring all 3 phones, even if one is on
the phone.  Similar to call waiting I guess. on the "multi-line" phones, it
could ring line 2 or 3 or which ever line is available if that phone is
already in progress.

This is necessary because some times there is only 1 person in the office
and may not always be able to hear the other phones ringing.

Call pick up is not what I'm looking for.. (mainly because again, the person
may not hear/know the other phones are ringing).

Thank you for any help!

Chris