[Asterisk-Users] SRST type functionality

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Mon Jun 26 18:37:59 MST 2006

We looked at this before going to * as our main system at the corporate
headquarters. We have not rolled * out to our other sites yet, but in our
case each site has local phone lines and wan contectivity so we are planing
a full pbx at each site and then trunking. In theory you could dial the
remote site via your prefered trunk, like IAX and if you detected a channel
unavaliable message have a backup route in the dial plan like a DID into the
system somewhere. Like I said we did not plan on using the main * servers at
corporate to handle all calling.

On 6/26/06, Curt Shaffer <cshaffer at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Has anyone out there figured out how to emulate the Cisco SRST
> functionality with *? If so would you mind letting me know the best
> practices for this?
>

> Thanks
>
> Curt

Bruce