[Asterisk-Users] Routing inboud from ISDN to second * server.

Thomas Laurids Pedersen tlp at mach.com
Fri Jun 23 04:39:59 MST 2006

I dont know if the extensions.conf is any use here as I am configuring the
access via freepbx ? pls let me know if so and I will post the file.

Other thing I am thinking of -  have seen other posts about diferrence IP
subnets must be configured in asterisk to allow thise calls to be routed.
Is this a requirement ?

Regards, Thomas

             Armin Schindler
             <armin at melware.de
             Sent by:                  Asterisk Users Mailing List -
             asterisk-users-bo         Non-Commercial Discussion
             unces at lists.digiu         <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
             m.com                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             23-06-2006 07:30          Re: [Asterisk-Users] Routing inboud
                                       from ISDN to second * server.

             Please respond to
              Asterisk Users
              Mailing List -
              Non-Commercial
                Discussion
             <asterisk-users at l
             ists.digium.com>

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Thomas Laurids Pedersen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have setup 2 asterisk servers using AAH 2.8. I have configured a IAX2
> trunk between the 2 servers using the guide on dumbme. Trunk is not using
> register string and no authentication.
>
> In my dial plan I have 7XX numers on server B and 6xx numbers on Server
A.

> Calls from my SNOM phones are ok between the extensions on the 2 servers.
>
> In server A I have a eicon 4 port BRI card connected. Calls from outside
> extensions on server A works fine. (Inbound routes are configured for
> "local" extensions).
>
> Now how do I configure so that extensions on server B can be called from
> the ISDN connections ? like this ISDN -> ServerA   ->(IAX2)-> ServerB ->
> extension
>
> Server A does not have direct network access to the SNOM phone.
>
> >From my reading I think that I have to make an inbound route or asterisk
> will not treat the call at all. This is also what I see if I debug capi.
>
> I have tried to make an inbound route and custom extension for all 7XX
> extentions and then entering the dial string IAX2/astB/7255 for extention
> 725. Also tried the dial string IAX2/725 at astB with no luck.
>
> How do I do this ?

How does your extensions.conf look like?
I don't understand the problem. There is no difference between
isdn/capi calls or SNOM calls here, except if you have other ISDN numbers
you want to 'map' to the SNOM phones. The Dial() commands should look like
the same as for the other astA <-> astB connections.
Maybe you can give a real example.

Armin