[Asterisk-Users] Voip* 300 minutes limit, credit expires

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Thu Jun 22 16:28:06 MST 2006

Betamax makes our life more and more difficulty, hehehehehehe.

I found (today) that the free calls are limited to 300 minutes per week.
It is good to know what "excess" use means!
That gives now also a challenge in the dialplan!!!!

Let's assume we have 5 accounts, each one has 300 minutes.
We use a variable as provider and get the right value of the not
outmaxed provider into this variable.
How can we do that?

exten => _9011Z.,103,Dial(SIP/00${EXTEN:4}@voipdiscount,30)
should be replaced with ${voipdiscount}

and we need before a statement that finds the content of this variable.

Q: Does anybody know how to download the "recently used" statement?

I am interested how Voip* will react to the recently law change in
Germany, where for mobile phone operator (and I assume that this law can
be used for Voip* as well) a prepaid value may not expire anymore!!!!

Now lets look at Voip* pricing:
12 US$  per month for 300 x 4 minutes, with the expiration within 3
months (13 weeks) ==> 1200/(13*300) = 0.3 cents in the BEST case!!! If
you use more than 300, than you have to pay "at least" whatever that
means in real numbers  1.2 cents.

It is getting more and more complicated, and that for pennies!!!
Unfortunately you cannot reach anybody there. I would like to have only
ONE account and pay more for multiple use than this kind of tricks!

just some thoughts!

Ronald