[Asterisk-Users] Motherboard Selection For TE110P & TDM400P

Joshua West jwest at boston-engineering.com
Thu Jun 22 17:35:51 MST 2006

Hey there,

What recommendations does anybody have as to motherboards known to work
well with the Digium TE110P T1 interface cards and the TDM400P analog
POTS interface cards?  We currently make use of the TE110P for our T1
(esf w/ b8zs - not a PRI) and have experienced many issues caused by our
PBX's motherboard.  Additionally, we built a server to become our new
PBX, but that machine runs into even worse problems.  It's been
determined through work with Digium that the Intel server class of
chipsets (7200's, 7300's, 7500's) don't do well with the demanding
amount of IRQ's their cards require.

Digium has suggested we use a motherboard more suited for desktop and
gaming use, as they are (supposedly) much better at handling demanding
hardware.  They specifically recommended motherboards with chipsets such
as Intel 865, 945, etc - but absolutely avoid all from the Intel 915 series.

So, those of you with TE110P and TDM400P cards, what motherboard are you
using in your PBX?  How's it working?  No issues at all?  'zttest'
scores?  Any crackling or echo?  Noticed any differences when the system
is under high load?  Perhaps even you've gone so far as to run
'patlooptest' with a T1 loopback cable connected; care to share your
results?

Just for reference, motherboard's we've had issues with:
- Abit IC7-G
- Supermicro P8SCT

Thanks.

--