[Asterisk-Users] Anyone using VoIP WiFi phones?

Cory Andrews Cory at VOIPSupply.com
Wed Jun 21 09:33:48 MST 2006

Yeah customer feedback on these types of devices ranges from love to hate, it boils down to individual user preference.  From what I have seen, the Skype API is pretty tightly built into the Communicator, I am not certain if it will be able to be used with any softphone, that remains to be seen.

ClearOne has a nice USB speakerphone as well, the Chat50.  I use it every day with Skype, Gizmo, etc, works well with every softphone interface I have tried.  No BlueTooth, but very nice audio quality.

I am also testing a new product from Siemens called the C450 IP, which is dual mode PSTN/VoIP, and allows you to toggle between your PSTN line and VoIP.  Has a base station and a wireless DECT handset, similar to the Aastra 480i-CT, but scaled down a bit in price and feature set.

Cory J Andrews
++++++++++++
VOIPSupply.com
454 Sonwil Drive
Buffalo, NY 14225
++++++++++++++
voice - 716.630.1555 X22
email - Cory at VOIPSupply.com
AIM - B2CORY
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Michael Graves
  Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 11:46 AM
  Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Anyone using VoIP WiFi phones?

  Sorry to be contrarian..but I bought the MV900 (from you actually) and I'm not really impressed with it. Prior to it I had been using the Phoenix Audio Duet which is a vastly superior device, albeit lacking the bluetooth capability.

  As soon as the new Polycom Communicator is available I expect I'll try that and pawn the MV900 off on some unsuspecting colleague.

  Michael