[Asterisk-Users] disabling modules - how?

Johansson Olle E olle at voop.com
Tue Jun 20 23:39:26 MST 2006

21 jun 2006 kl. 08.36 skrev Tyler Retzlaff:

> Hello,
>
> I am altering an asterisk configuration and would like to eliminate
> the loading of
> modules I do not want or do not need at the moment.  For example I
> am do not
> want to use chan_zap (I'm using chan_capi) and don't want to be
> bothered with
> music on hold at the moment.
>
> Is there a way to configure these things off so asterisk doesn't
> try to load them?
> Or do I have to just move/delete the chan_xxx.so from /usr/lib/
> asterisk/modules?
>
> What's the right thing to do?
The right thing to do is to read the sample configuration files in
the /configs directory
and the documentation in the /docs directory :-)

You want to modify modules.conf, the configuration file that tells
Asterisk which
modules to load or avoid loading.

/O

---
Olle E. Johansson * Asterisk Evangelist, developer * VOOP A/S
olle at voop.com