[Asterisk-Users] Anyone using VoIP WiFi phones?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Jun 20 13:28:12 MST 2006

On Tuesday 20 June 2006 16:01, Brian Capouch wrote:
> I have some Starcom F1000s (802.11b model).  They are not stellar, but
> they're serviceable if they can be placed in a good-signal environment.

I find that the wifi stack on them loses contact with the AP at random, and
does not attempt to reconnect.  I also find them very quiet in a normal (i.e.
not library) office environment.  Add a few more features like ringers based
on Alert-Info, get some LOUD ringers in there, let me do something moderately
useful with the idle screen and stop making them sound like $2 kid's toys and
yeah... they might work all right.

They certainly are inexpensive though.

-A.