[Asterisk-Users] IAX FXS.. Any experience with...

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Tue Jun 20 10:14:00 MST 2006

On Jun 20, 2006, at 7:09 AM, Gareth Blades wrote:

> I have a couple. The audio quality is not as good as it has a
> noticeable
> amount of hiss in the background and it also does not support message
> waiting.
I have looked at the docs and this appears to be identical to the
AG168V with regards to the setup screens.  Have you tried out the
latest firmware from aredfox.com?  The 1.51 firmware radically improved
my voice quality for the device.

Strangely it changed the ringtone to a non US sounding one,  which is
kind of slick for my installation, as it now acts as a "distinctive
ring" feature (ie regular sounding ring PSTN incoming, strange short
ring Voip call).

Here is a link (third from bottom is IAX firmware)
http://aredfox.com/edownloads.htm

> It does however support other codecs other than ulaw/alaw which is why
> we went for it.
Another feature that I like about this device is that it can be flashed
to an SIP ATA and back to IAX without losing all of your settings...

Marty