[Asterisk-Users] IAX FXS.. Any experience with...

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Tue Jun 20 10:03:29 MST 2006

On Jun 20, 2006, at 6:51 AM, Steve Jones wrote:

> http://www.x100p.com/products_2.htm
>
> Anyone ever use this box?  How’s it compare with the Iaxy?  I’d like
> to buy one or the other..  The Iaxy is appealing because to me, it
> seems less “no name”, but this one says that it supports using
> hostnames, whereas apparently the iaxy only supports IP addresses??
> That’s appealing to the dynamic DNS guy in me!  J
>
> Any experience?

I hadn't seen that one!  I have the AG168V based ATA which with recent
firmware update (1.51) is working very well with IAX2, although there
is still an occasional "crack" sound on calls.

I am very happy with the AG168v, which also a generic cheapo unit with
a universal power adapter (I wonder if that's where the crack sound
comes from), and with recent firmware audio quality is MUCH improved
for IAX2 (I was using SIP for a while).

I wonder if the unit you are linking to is also based on PA168 chipset?
seems kind of likely to me.  I also wonder about setting up the
"switch" for ethernet purposes (ie does it use DHCP? can I set it to be
static?  can it port forward to the connected PC?,etc).

Thanks for the link,
Marty