[Asterisk-Users] DTMF Talk off

John Millican john at millican.us
Tue Jun 20 04:29:07 MST 2006

Okay here goes,
I guess I misunderstood Doug's question about the far end interface. I have no
availability for high speed internet at my house to place a VoIP call over.
So, I have a standard phone plugged into the PAP2, The PAP2 plugs into the
network at my house to which the asterisk box is also connected,  the
asterisk box has an FXO card that has the PSTN line plugged into it, this is
where the ZAP channel comes in.  when i dial a local number asterisk simple
dials the number out the pstn line.  If i dial a long distance number, the *
box dials a local phone number that I have through my VoIP provider which is
answered by an * box that I have at a different location using a line in
extensions.conf like:
Dial(zap/1/<my_sip_number>wwwwww${EXTEN});
this way when the second * answers the phone it get the ${EXTEN} that I
actually dialed and dials it out over the cable connection.  I hope i was a
little clearer this time and sorry for the confusion.
John M