[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.07 crash under Debian Sarge

Mark W. Stoddard mstoddard at techteriors.com
Mon Jun 19 14:59:53 MST 2006

As far as hardware is concerned, I am using the following:
*  Dell Poweredge 2850
*  2GB RAM
*  2x 73GB 10,000 SCSI drives mirrored
*  1x Intel Xeon at 3.8GHz
*  1x Digium TDM2400P
*  Dual redundant power supplies.  (is saying "dual redundant"
redundant?)
*  Stock cooling
*  UPS

I was curious what version Debian testing is up to, apparently 1.2.7.  I
must have been living on Mars to have missed that.  I'll attempt an
upgrade from stable to testing on a testing machine (might even give it
a try using Xen).  If the upgrade goes well, I'll consider upgrading the
production system to testing, or at least the Asterisk packages and
dependencies thereof.  I believe that Debian testing is scheduled to go
stable this in a few (<6?) months, so it will be a good idea to at least
see what I'm up against.

How long does it take to restart Asterisk?  I know there is a way to
start Asterisk so that if it goes down, it comes back up immediately,
that could be part of a solution right there.  If the downtime is a
second or two every few days, that's still adequate uptime for a
commercial phone system.

I'll let you know how things go.

Mark Stoddard
Techteriors