[Asterisk-Users] Which phones are good, or at least acceptable, for home and office

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 08:53:33 MST 2006

Steve, that happened to me too.  I downloaded the public release (not beta)
and it was included.  I noticed that the new firmware includes a different
ringer.  I guess they decided we didn't need that ringer.

Do you update off of their system, or do you have your own tftp server?

On 6/19/06, Steve Jones <sjones at ftdata.com> wrote:

>   I liked the ringer that read the phone number too, but a couple months
> ago, I did a firmware upgrade, and that ringer option went away…  Do you
> have the latest firmware??  I upgraded because of a problem with my phone
> losing registration, which is now fixed, but I lost that really cool
> feature…
>

> Any idea how to get that back?
>

> -Steve

> *Subject:* Re: [Asterisk-Users] Which phones are good, or at least
> acceptable,for home and office
>

> The Grandstream seem to be a crap shoot.  Some people have real good luck,
> others don't.  So far, I've got four of them in use and the users seem to be
> happy.  The only drawback that I have is that there is no way I can even
> attempt to try to explain the complex method that you have to use to PARK a
> call.  Their attended transfers are weird.  I really like the ringer that
> calls out the caller ID.  It's because of that, that I might put them in my
> house.  However, I still have a CIDCO device that reads out the caller ID.
> My house is small enough that I can hear it all over the house.  I would
> also like to try out the Aastra 9133.  It's a little more than the GXP2000.
> And, I have noticed the handset gets warm on the GXP.  Others have mentioned
> this.
>

> For more information, including things already discussed about the
> Grandstreams, you can try:
>

> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Flists.digium.com%2Fpipermail%2Fasterisk-users%2F+grandstream
>

> or
>

> This site http://www.asteriskguru.com/archives/asterisk-users-vf2.html?sid=d6b13ed5fdbe5159999037bc9738c24f
>  contains a complete archive of this list in forum format.

Lacy Moore
Aspendora, Inc.