[Asterisk-Users] Bristuff-0.3.0-PRE-1q and & florz patch compile trouble

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jun 19 07:43:29 MST 2006

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 03:41:30PM +0200, Remco Barendse wrote:
> Again trouble compiling bristuff-0.3.0-PRE-1q with the florz patch on a
> x86_64 box (I guess nobody is using x86_64 platform or is able to fix this
> themselves?)
>
> First of all when bristuff is downloaded and compile is started it appears
> that the bristuff Makefiles are badly broken.
>
> The asterisk Makefiles all do see to find the kernel sources on a RHEL4
> box in the proper directory, the pure bristuff things break because they
> expect the kernel sources *only* in /usr/src/kernel-2.6
>
> OK, so I created a symlink to make bristuff happy
>
> Zaptel does compile, so does libpri but not Junghanns GSM stuff and not
> quadbri and also not cwain (which I don't really care for).
>
> However zaphfc doesn't compile either, I get the old error again:
>
> rm -f zaphfc.o *.ko *.mod.c *.mod.o .*o.cmd *~
> rm -rf .tmp_versions
> Link /usr/src/linux-2.6 to your kernel sources first!
> make: *** [linux26] Error 1
> install -D -m 644 zaphfc.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/misc/zaphfc.ko
> install: cannot stat `zaphfc.ko': No such file or directory
> make: *** [installlinux26] Error 1
> hfc-pci driver installed.
> Press <Enter> to continue, or <CTRL> + <C> to abort.
>

> In the past I used to 'fix' this by modifying the Make file. After
> applying florz patch previously I had to modify KSRC=/usr/src/linux to
> /usr/src/linux-2.6  but with the Makefile of zaptel 1.2.5 this line is
> gone??? (I used Zaptel 1.1x previously)
>
> (And yes in spite of the above error /usr/src/linux-2.6 *is* linked
> properly to my kernel source)

The bristuff modules makefile replicates some functionality
unnecessarily.

Add the following to zaptel's Makefile:

MODULES+=zaphfc

(after the line 'MODULES+=ztdummy')

Copy zaphfc.c and zaphfc.h to the zaptel directory, and install zaptel
according to the standard instructions for building zaptel.

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com